Thursday, February 18, 2010

This weekend....

I thought I would get a jump start on this weekend... I'm only excited because quite honestly we don't do much on the weekends. We clean, do laundry, cook, clean some more, and I always talk myself into at least one home improvement project (last weekend was painting the living room AND dining room).

This weekend will be different. I absolutely LOVE horses... and I really love that we have the Florida Carriage Museum less than an hour away from my home! Each year there is the Florida Carriage and Horse Festival where competitors showcase equine performances, elegantly presented horse drawn carriages, and beautifully groomed horses of all kind. The Museum, which is free of charge on Festival day, allows the visitor to experience "four galleries of over 165 restored antique European and American carriages, including the only full state Golden Carriage in the United States." Florida Carriage Museum

There are over 400 acres at this museum and I cannot wait to go and take a million pictures, all of which I promise to share!

What do you think: if you could, would you want to live in a time where your only mode of transportation was via horse and carriage??

No comments:

Post a Comment